Monday, June 21, 2010

How can I get a Vista laptop to recognise XP on a nework.?

I need to use the printer that is connected to the XP computer.



How can I get a Vista laptop to recognise XP on a nework.?hijackthis



first you have to enable file and printer sharing on the XP computer. once you do, go to the vista computer, click on start, run and type the name of the XP computer. it will open a window with the shared folder and printers on XP. or you can do step 1 on the XP computer and then go to add printer select network printer and then provide the path of the printer which will be "\\XP computer name\printer name as shown on XP" and you will be all set.



hope this helps



How can I get a Vista laptop to recognise XP on a nework.?malware



The above is true, but they both have to be in the same workgroup. Go to the Properties of My Computer and set the workgroup to be the exact same on each machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment