Monday, June 21, 2010

I have 1990 plymouth colt vista. It doesnt want to start and when it does it shuts off when i come t

I thought i needed a tuneup. got one. it didnt help. mechanic said it was the timing. got it didnt help. what else could be the problem



I have 1990 plymouth colt vista. It doesnt want to start and when it does it shuts off when i come to a stop?kawasaki



Have the battery checked and check battery connections. It sounds like your fuel pump could be acting up. They can operate just good enough for your engine to run but won't deliver enough fuel to work under loaded conditions. Also check the throttle plate to see if it is closing 100% of the time, you can work it by hand.



Good Luck



I have 1990 plymouth colt vista. It doesnt want to start and when it does it shuts off when i come to a stop?nortan antivirus



I had a Colt E that did something similar. It started ok but it needed to have gas going in at all times, except in neutral. It began after I had gotten a jumpstart when I left the headlights on. Nobody could figure it out but it went away by itself after about a year. It wasted a lot of gas.
Gas flow problem.
Try some fuel additive to clean the ejectors.

No comments:

Post a Comment